Recipe by Seasoned Cook
My, Oh My!! Just can't believe how wonderful the flavors blend in this dish! Try a change from the normal pork chop dishes. You'll be glad you did!
Top Review by Carob
Delicious! I used fresh peaches and water instead of the reserved peach juice. Really enjoyed the sauce over the rice. I used pork rib chops and cooked them for less time than recommended.
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) peaches in light syrup, reserve juice
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves (or apricot)
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain peaches and save 1/2 cup of juice. Cut peach slices into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Salt and pepper pork chops on each side. In large skillet, fry pork chops in vegetable oil until brown. Remove chops from skillet.
- In same skillet, pour 1/2 cup of reserved peach juice, preserves, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and dry mustard. Stir until mixed. Stir in cut peach slices.
- Place pork chops back into skillet, having chops on bottom and simmer on very lowest heat for 35 minutes covered with a lid. Sauce will thicken as it simmers.
- Serve with sauce and peaches on top of chops. Great with rice as a side dish!