Grilled Pork Chops W/ Cherry Almond Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons blanched sliced almonds
- 4 (4 ounce) pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick
- Combine the preserves, wine vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a saucepan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for one minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the almonds.
- Pour 1/3 of mixture into a glass measure to use for basting.
- Reserve the remainder to serve as a sauce with the chops.
- Grill the pork chops 4 to 6 inches from the heat source over medium-hot coals for 4-5 minutes on one side.
- Turn and grill on the other side, basting well with the cherry almond sauce.
- Continue grilling until the desired degree of doneness is reached when measured in the center of each chop.
- (145°F for medium rare; 160°F for medium; 170°F for well-done).
- Serve with the reserved cherry almond sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm giving this 4 stars, because I altered the recipe enough to change the overall taste. But, the chery almond sauce that I put on the pork chops was awesome!!! I made it as is. What I did different was I marinated the pork chops in some soy sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, and ginger powder for about an hr before I cooked them. And I didn't use pork loin chops. Used a more fatty kind that was sensational! The mix of the soy and the cherry sauce (that I did baste the pork as it cooked) tasted wonderful!!! It was like a sweet chinese barbeque almost. Would definitely make again!
This was unbelievably simple and very tasty too. I found it just a little tart, so next time, I will add half the vinegar, then taste it before adding anymore. Next time I'll have a different brand of preserves though, as this one was a gift from a RAK member. If you are looking for a quick mid-week meal, this is it!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 29 years old, married and I have two kids. I LOVE to cook, and search for new and interesting recipes.I love to meet new people, spend time w/ my family and ride Horses. I live in Salt Lake City and I work from home for a health infomation company.