Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very easy one dish meal.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 2 cups prawns
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (optional)
- 3 spring onions, green parts only, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups thickly sliced roast pork
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, beat the eggs well, and season. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick frying pan, pour in the eggs and cook until just set. Roll up the pancake, cut into thin strips and set aside until needed.
- Combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, chilli sauce and rice wine. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok, add the shallots or onion, ginger, garlic and prawns and cook for about 1-2 minutes. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, spring onions, peas and pork, and stir to heat through. Add the rice and fry over moderate heat for 6-8 minutes. Turn into a dish and decorate witht eh egg pancake. Season to taste. Serve hot.