Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I just started culinary school and this is out of one of my cooking textbooks!
- 4 lbs sparerib racks (2 2lb racks)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ounce ketchup
- 1 ounce soy sauce
- 1 ounce hoisin sauce
- 1 ounce red wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon honey
- cut the spareribs into individual ribs and arrange them onto a rack in a baking pan. Roast for 45 minutes at 300°F.
- Combine the remaining ingredients into a sauce. Brush the spareribs lightly with the sauce. roast for 30 minutes more.
- turn the spareribs and brush with more sauce. roast until the ribs are well browned, approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
I used baby back ribs and laid the sauce on pretty thick. Not a stereotypical Chinese style, but a very Chinese sauce, on these luscious, dark, sweet glazed ribs. Ginger, fresh garlic, and hoisin sauce are the most important accents. The aroma fills the house til you just can't wait to sit down and eat. Made for OZ/NZ swap #22, Nov. 2008.