Chinese Fragrant Spareribs
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- In a small saucepan, whisk together soy sauce, plum jelly, water, sherry, garlic, and five-spice powder until jelly dissolves.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Pour mixture into a resealable plastic ziplock bag, and add ribs.
- Seal bag and coat ribs with sauce, and allow to marinate 3-6 hours, or overnight.
- Place ribs on a foil-lined baking pan, and cover with foil; reserving marinade.
- Bake ribs at 450°F for 30 minutes.
- Remove ribs from oven, and discard top foil.
- Drain liquids from baking pan, and turn ribs.
- Bake ribs at 350°F for 15-30 minutes more, or until ribs are cooked through, basting several times with reserved marinade.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I too was at the ponderorsa Tapas party and really enjoyed these ribs. I too felt they were a little salty, but I am not a salt person, I would make them using lite soy sauce and probably come back and change this rating to a 5 star. I think the cook times and temps may have been off too, I dont think the oven was ever up to 450, and I dont think they were in the oven a total of 45 mins, maybe just watch them closely. Great flavor, probably would be good on chicken too!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org