1/1 Photo of Chilli Chicken With Basil Coconut Cream
The Flying Chef's Note:
Here is a quick and easy Thai dish that is very good without to much preparation time. I usually make this as one of the dishes I make when I do a Thai night, of course with the ingredients cut way back, as I make this with two or three other dishes to accompany it. I think I have gotten close to what would be the right amount for 4 people as one main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 (800 -900 g) chicken breasts, sliced thickly
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Thai red chili peppers, finely chopped (I add about half the seeds to chicken mixture my family does not like spicy food although I do, This)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce (sounds like a lot I know, I usually use only 1-2Teaspoons in most recipes but trust me this works he)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 300 ml coconut cream (I use kara brand I really like this one as it is way more creamier than other brands.)
- 100 ml coconut milk (this is only extra if serving over jasmine rice. I don't think there will be enough liquid with just)
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan, add onion, chilli and garlic, cook until onion is soft.
- 2Add chicken to pan stir-fry until cooked though. Add sauce, cream, chilli powder, sugar (and milk if serving over rice.) A wok gets hotter than a frying pan, you may want to cover and cook a couple of minutes if using a frying pan to make sure chicken is cooked through.
- 3Add basil and coriander toss until hot, serve immediately.
- 4To serve: Serve over jasmine rice garnish with coriander leaf.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chilli Chicken With Basil Coconut Cream
Serving Size: 1 (1006 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1854.5
- Calories from Fat 913
- Total Fat 101.5 g
- Saturated Fat 41.5 g
- Cholesterol 512.0 mg
- Sodium 1081.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 170.1 g