Here is a quick and easy Thai dish that is very good without to much preparation time. I usually make this as one of the dishes I make when I do a Thai night, of course with the ingredients cut way back, as I make this with two or three other dishes to accompany it. I think I have gotten close to what would be the right amount for 4 people as one main dish.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 (800 -900 g) chicken breasts, sliced thickly
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Thai red chili peppers, finely chopped (I add about half the seeds to chicken mixture my family does not like spicy food although I do, This)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce (sounds like a lot I know, I usually use only 1-2Teaspoons in most recipes but trust me this works he)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 300 ml coconut cream (I use kara brand I really like this one as it is way more creamier than other brands.)
- 100 ml coconut milk (this is only extra if serving over jasmine rice. I don't think there will be enough liquid with just)
- 1 cup fresh basil, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan, add onion, chilli and garlic, cook until onion is soft.
- Add chicken to pan stir-fry until cooked though. Add sauce, cream, chilli powder, sugar (and milk if serving over rice.) A wok gets hotter than a frying pan, you may want to cover and cook a couple of minutes if using a frying pan to make sure chicken is cooked through.
- Add basil and coriander toss until hot, serve immediately.
- To serve: Serve over jasmine rice garnish with coriander leaf.