Recipe by Mini Ravindran
The preparation and cooking time does not include the time you would like to chill this soup. This depends on individual preferences. This soup gives about 95 cals per serving !
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 4 cucumbers, peeled seeded and sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups yoghurt
- 1 bunch fresh green coriander
- Tabasco sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups stock (either vegetable or chicken)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the coriander thoroughly.
- Chop the leaves and the stalks and keep aside.
- Add the peeled and chopped onions and the peeled, seeded and sliced cucumbers with the coriander into a blender and mix well till everything is finely chopped.
- In a bowl mix the yoghurt with the Tabasco and the salt and freshly ground black pepper to your taste.
- If you want the spice to be a little less then hold back on the Tabasco adding just 4-5 drops, for a stronger flavour add in more Tabasco.
- Whisk the stock and the cucumber mixture into the yoghurt well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours allowing it to chill.
- For best effect, chill the bowls you want to serve the cucumber soup in and pour the chilled soup into them, when you are ready to serve.
- This can be garnished with a dollop of yoghurt and a few coriander leaves.