Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not had these shrimp at the Chili's restaurant, but have frequently made this recipe. We like to serve them as appetizers. However, they are equally as good tossed with some pasta (with or without alfredo sauce). The recipe came from Top Secret Recipes and has been a favorite at our house for quite some time.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 24 fresh large shrimp, peeled (about 1 pound)
- 1 lime
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 1.23 ml dried parsley flakes
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 0.59 ml dried thyme
- 0.59 ml onion powder
- Make the seasoning blend by combining all the spices in a small bowl.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter to the pan.
- When the butter is melted, stir in the pressed garlic.
- Immediately, add the shrimp to the pan.
- Cut the lime in half and squeeze each half into the pan over the shrimp.
- Sprinkle the entire seasoning blend over the shrimp, and give it all a good stir.
- Saute the shrimp for 5 to 8 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Be sure to cook both sides of all the shrimp.
Very good. Next time i will use half the salt. Salt lover, but still way too salty
This had good flavor but was much too salty for us, even when I added some cooked diced chicken to the mix. Next time we'll leave out the salt and use olive oil instead of butter.
My boyfriend made this for me last night. He used 2 pounds of shrimp, weighed at the store with the shells and tails on. He doubled everything in the recipe except the salt which he measured as stated in the recipe. We agreed that any more salt would have been too salty, and he likes his salt. Our garlic cloves were quite big. When we make this again (it's a keeper) if the garlic cloves are small, we'll use more because we liked it nice & garlicky. We added the lime almost at the end of cooking, and we squeezed more lime at the table. I don't know how this could be 4 servings. The two of us ate almost all of the doubled recipe for dinner, but we didn't bother with any side dishes, unless wine counts as a side dish. :) We loved it. Next time we'll probably use some fresh parsley and for sure have some good bread because the butter and spices make it nice & saucy. .