Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
It's not chili or spaghetti, but a spicy rich stew with ground beef and pork sausage. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- in 10" skillet cook onions, beef and sausage over medium heat until meat is browned, pour off fat.
- meanwhile in dutch oven combine remaining ingredients except spaghetti.
- cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- reduce heat to low, add browned meat, cook stirring occasionally until stew is thickened about 20 to 30 minutes.
- meanwhile cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- serve stew over spaghetti.