Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Kids will love it
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml Tabasco sauce
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml tomato juice
- In a large heavy skillet cook garlic and onion in oil over moderate heat,.
- stirring, until onion is softened. Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking.
- up any lumps with a fork,until cooked through. Drain off any excess fat. Add.
- remaining ingredients, adding just enough juice to create a spoonably loose.
- but not soupy mixture. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally; about 30.
- minutes. Makes enough sauce to top 6 hot dogs. Steam the hot dogs and use.
- potato rolls.
Good chili dog sauce - very pungent with the mustard, vinegar and worcestershire sauce. After cooking and tasting, I had to add half a cup of water to take down the sharpness... then added more ketchup. For hotdogs - good. For a bowl of chili - no way. Too puckery pungent! But this is sauce for dogs and as such, it made for enjoyable eating.
YUM!!!! This is similar but better to a recipe my MIL uses. Thanks for sharing~we loved it!!