Kids will love it
Make and share this Chili Sauce for Hot Dogs recipe from Food.com.
- In a large heavy skillet cook garlic and onion in oil over moderate heat,.
- stirring, until onion is softened. Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking.
- up any lumps with a fork,until cooked through. Drain off any excess fat. Add.
- remaining ingredients, adding just enough juice to create a spoonably loose.
- but not soupy mixture. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally; about 30.
- minutes. Makes enough sauce to top 6 hot dogs. Steam the hot dogs and use.
- potato rolls.
Good chili dog sauce - very pungent with the mustard, vinegar and worcestershire sauce. After cooking and tasting, I had to add half a cup of water to take down the sharpness... then added more ketchup. For hotdogs - good. For a bowl of chili - no way. Too puckery pungent! But this is sauce for dogs and as such, it made for enjoyable eating.
YUM!!!! This is similar but better to a recipe my MIL uses. Thanks for sharing~we loved it!!