Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is delicious any time of day. I absolutely loved it. Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com. Serving size is estimated. I doubled the recipe but will post as written.
- 14 ounces green chili peppers, drained
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces longhorn cheese or 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. (I skipped this step and just used the juice from the chile peppers).
- Lay half of the chilies evenly in bottom of baking dish.
- Sprinkle with half of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chilies.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and flour, and pour over the top of the chilies.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, pour tomato sauce evenly over the top, and continue baking another 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining jack and cheddar cheeses and serve.