Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe comes from a can of tomatoes. It sounds like a nice comforting dish to serve with some fresh dinner rolls and a green salad.
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can canned tomatoes, diced cut
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 2 cups shredded longhorn cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the meat and onion in a large sillet; drain.
- Add the chili powder, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa and chilies to the meat mixture.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes; add the cooked pasta to the mixture; mixing well.
- Pour into prepared dish, top with cheese and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has thoroughly melted.