Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from a can of tomatoes. It sounds like a nice comforting dish to serve with some fresh dinner rolls and a green salad.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the meat and onion in a large sillet; drain.
- Add the chili powder, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa and chilies to the meat mixture.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes; add the cooked pasta to the mixture; mixing well.
- Pour into prepared dish, top with cheese and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese has thoroughly melted.
This was an easy and good casserole to make over the weekend for a busy weeknight dinner. It has all the great casserole ingredients. Made for AZ/NZ swap.
Made this to take on a bereavement visit to a friend. While I didn't taste the finished product, I tasted the pasta and meat mixture and it was great. Planning to make this next time the kids are home. I added some chopped green pepper with the onions along with some extra chili powder, cumin and red pepper flakes to spice it up a bit.
This is an easy weeknight meal that everyone always loves. To make a bit healthier, I sometimes use ground turkey.