This sounds like a nice twist on the traditional Spanish drink.
- Ready In:
- 2 (25 ounce) bottles dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 8 1⁄2 ounces peach schnapps
- 4 tablespoons golden caster sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 limes, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- ice, to serve
- Put the dry white wine, Cointreau, peach schnapps, golden caster sugar, cinnamon sticks, sliced limes and oranges into a large bowl, stir and chill.
- To serve, add the soda water and some ice and pour into jugs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was the hit of my drinks and nibbles night last night. I used a local Chardonnay for the wine. I would like to have used a Spanish wine, but sourcing that in my small town proved to be impossible. I subsituted normal caster sugar for golden caster sugar as I couldn't find any golden caster sugar, but apart from that, no changes. Loved the faint cinnamon flavour that came through. Thanks for sharing - made for ZWT5.
Halved the recipe. We also used a dry Riesling Wine that we got as a gift (but previously dubbed undrinkable) I am very proud to say you gave me a wonder preparation to an otherwise lost bottle of wine! Since the wine was already kinda sweet I only used 1/2 the sugar. Let the flavors meld for an hour.