A hit with the little kids at parties and gatherings. Just like eating a chili Dog.
Make and share this Chili Dog Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Tear up the hot dog buns and arrange the pieces in the bottom of the dish evenly.
- Slice the hot dogs into bite size pieces and layer the pieces over the buns.
- Pour the chili over the hot dogs, sprinkle with the chopped onion, then spread some mustard over the chili and the onion.
- Top off with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
I made the recipe as directed. It came out wonderful. It was like an already cut up chili dog. It was great. My husband and I both loved it and will make it again. Thank you.
I actually did a half and half...I used left over grilled out dogs and hambugers...I didn't mix them because I wasn't sure if my five year old would eat it! I left out the onion and mustard, but they can top it with that if they want and colslaw too! yummy! I've also made it just as a chili cheese burger casserole with leftover burgers and leftover french bread!
Very good! I followed recipe as listed except I mixed the chili, onion, & about 1 cup of cheese together before spreading over buns. Then I baked it & sprinkled with about 2 more cups of cheese during the last 5 mins. After baking, I topped with ranch dressing & chopped green onions. Tasted great with french fries & onion rings. My family gobbled it up! Thanks for the quick, easy, tasty recipe Momma Loon!