Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
From "A Taste of Heaven" cookbook.
- 3 -4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2⁄3 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon picante sauce
- Skin and bone chicken. Cut in 1-inch pieces.
- Cook chicken, onion, pepper and garlic in oil until chicken loses its pink color.
- Add tomatoes, beans, rice, chili powder, cumin, picante sauce and salt to taste.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- May serve in bowls with cheese, onion, avocado, sour cream or additional picante sauce.
Very easy and taste great!!!! Just add more spice!!!!