Recipe by Sue Lau
This rice is a mild tasting pilaf-type of rice that goes well with spicy foods. If you like to spice it up, adding some chopped green chiles works well.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very nice dish. Made it for an ethnic dinner where some did not like cilantro so I put it on the side for those that did. All I did was cut back the salt abit and it turned out perfect for us. Thanks for sharing Sue.
- 354.88 ml uncooked long grain rice
- 29.58 ml lard
- 59.14 ml chopped onions or 59.14 ml scallion
- 29.58 ml finely diced red bell peppers
- 29.58 ml finely diced carrots
- 532.32 ml chicken broth or 532.32 ml vegetable broth, heated
- 4.92 ml salt
- 29.58 ml finely chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice several times under cold water in a sieve and drain.
- Cook the onion, bell pepper, and carrot in lard for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook another minute, allowing rice to get thoroughly coated with lard.
- Add the hot broth, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender (do not stir while cooking).
- Fluff rice with a fork and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot.