Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Next time, make this with beer!
Make and share this Chile Verde recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb pork roast, cut in cubes
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (15 ounce) containerfrozen green chili peppers or 2 cups chopped roasted fresh chilies
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown the pork and onions.
- Set aside.
- Add flour to the grease, and cook 5 minutes.
- Toss in the remaining ingredients, including pork.
- Simmer 1-2 hours over low.
- Serve with flour tortillas.
this recipe is so great ! it tastes just like the chile verde I grew up eating.my mothers best friend was hispanic and shewould cook this at our house once a week then mom would go fix there famiky american food on a different day once a week aswell, it was great because we had the best of both worlds. try this recipe..you'll love it !