Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister's recipe. I can literally eat the whole lot before it gets to the table!
Make and share this Chickpea Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 small lebanese cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemongrass
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice or 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 small red chile, sliced finely
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad.
- Chill for at least an hour to allow flavours to develop.
This was quite tasty. The dressing is tangy and spicy, but it's tempered by the coolness of the cucumber and the mild chickpeas. Modifications: I used half of an onion, which seemed to be a perfect amount. I also used bulk chickpeas - I 14 oz. can is equal to abotu 1.5 cups of prepared chickpeas (slightly more then 3/4 cups dry). If you're going to use dry chick peas, soak them overnight, boil them for about an hour, drain and let cool before using. Other than that, I made the recipe exactly as listed. Tangy, spicy, delicious!
What a great salad! The lemongrass, ginger and chili really make this pop with flavor. I only left the sugar out (personal preference).
This is a fab recipe! I love the dressing beautiful flavours. You are right, I almost finished the whole lot by myself! I couldn't get hold of lemongrass so had to leave it out, used lemon instead of lime and used half an onion instead of the whole. Absolutely delicious! Thanks, JustJanS, for sharing this fab recipe, definitely will be making it over and over again!