Emeril’s Chickpea Salad
Fresh, Healthy and DELICIOUS! The lemon with the feta is unbelievable. I eat this over Salad, with tortilla chips, or just plain! Eye the amount of olive oil if you want a drier salad This recipe was featured on the Packing a Punch Episode of Emeril Green.
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 ounce) chickpeas, drained and rinsed under cold water
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, finely chopped (if jarred rinse well under water and pat dry with papertowel)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 10 olives, chopped (such as kalamata or green)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup feta
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, roasted red peppers, red onion, parsley, olives, garlic, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper, lemon juice & zest, and olive oil.
- Then add feta and stir gently to combine.
- Allow chickpea to marinate for at least 1 hour or refrigerate up to overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with bed of lettuce and tomatoes, spoon mixture over leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
O! M! G! This is ABSOPOSSILUTELY outstanding!!!! Not only does it have sooo many of my favs...feta, olives, chick peas , peppers and OO but they are all combined!!!! I'm having a hard time waiting for it to marinate...I can't imagine it being even better than right after it is made!!! Definately going to be a regular on my menus!! Thanks for the post!!!!