From Vegetarian Times May/June 2010: The hearty 3/4 cup serving of chickpeas in this salad packs about 11 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber. Artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and baby arugula add a rainbow of antioxidants, including lycopene, beta-carotene, and vitamin C. Nutrition facts: 345 calories, 13g protein, 15g fat
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 0.5 (6 ounce) jar water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup small grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 -3 drops sriracha sauce
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Toss together chickpeas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives (if using), and parsley in bowl.
- Season vinaigrette with sriracha. Toss chickpea mixture with vinaigrette, then stir inarugula and feta, if using. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.