Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This soup is low in fat, but will fill you up at the same time. I got the recipe from a supermarket magazine and have posted it her for future use and safe keeping. If you try it before I'll get around to it, please let me know what you think!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (14 ounce) canof chopped stewed tomatoes
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces diced chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- crouton, to serve
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Heat the oil in a stock pot and cook the onion until soft and translucent.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, carrots, celery, potato and chickpeas. Cover and simmer for approximately 25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
- Add the chorizo and heat through.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley and croutons.
Made this today and it came out sooo good, i added edamamme for some color, beats the can any day!
This is a great soup! The broth is so tasty and I liked the fact that you used such light and healthy vegetables in your recipe, as the chorizo is very rich. I added 2 cloves of minced garlic to the pan with the onions, and sauteed them for 2 minutes when the onions were done. We really loved this soup; thanks so much, Sylvie, for posting.
I love this recipe. I'm a sucker for chorizo, and all the flavors complemented each other well. Turns out great everytime!