Recipe by Kiwi Kathy
A salad that is quick and easy and ready to enjoy in minutes. Please note that cooking time is the marinating time. From 'In my kitchen', Jan/Feb 2010.
- 2 (400 g) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, medium, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 chili, red deseeded and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pita bread, grilled and cut into thin fingers
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Make salad dressing by combining, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Pour over salad, cover and leave for 10 minutes at room temperature for the flavours to mingle.
- Serve with grilled Pita bread fingers.