Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple, low-fat, and tastes great! Try it over pasta.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers (throw in the juice too)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- In olive oil flavored spray, brown chicken.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer until hot.
- Serve with pasta or rice.
Excellent dish. I love it. Easy to fix. I used a jar of pimentos and 1/2 green pepper, mirin instead of wine, umeboshi vinegar. Very gourmet..
I really made this to use up a jar of peppers I had bought for another recipe (12 oz). It turned out pretty well and I did enjoy the flavor. The cooking directions in the recipe were a bit basic, but it turned out ok. I finally ended up covering the pan because the chicken was taking too long to cook, and I had to cook the sauce down quite a bit to keep it from being runny.
Tasty and full of flavor. Omitted the garlic. Next time I might take some of the peppers and sauce, puree and add back into the pan. Served with Linguine With Butter, Lemon and Garlic.