Recipe by Baby Kato
Easy to make, good for company, looks like you went to a lot of trouble kind of meal... Guaranteed to become a family favourite...
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
We really enjoyed this dish. My 6 year old INHALED her dinner and that NEVER happens. She said "You can make this again. It's great!" She just kept going on and on about how much she liked it. I'm telling you, I almost fell off my chair watching her eat this. She's not all that crazy about meat or chicken in general but this was a big hit with her. The gravy was especially good and it was such a simple recipe to do. Thanks, Baby Kato!
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler chicken, cut up
- 1 lb zucchini or 1 lb green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken bouillon, cooled
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow pan mix first 6 ingredients.
- Place chicken on top, skin side up and brush with melted margarine.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini or green beans and lemon slices and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Mix cornstarch and bouillon until smooth, pour into pan.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 1 minute.
- Serve over chicken. Serves 4.