Recipe by KelBel
From Cooking Light Slow Cooker. This is a wonderful, flavorful chicken that is great over couscous, bulgur or brown rice.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
This was so easy to put together and we thought it tasted super. I loved the lemon figgy flavored sauce. One cup of broth did not cover the chicken in my slow cooker. I added an extra cup and even that didn't quite make it, but I didn't want to add more as I was afraid it would dilute the flavors. Didn't seem to matter. Chicken was very tender and full of flavor. Thanks for sharing a great recipe.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package alfredo sauce (recommend McCormick)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup dried calimyrna fig, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken over medium high heat, 5-6 minutes, turning once.
- Combine broth through garlic in 5 quart slow cooker. Stir until well blended.
- Add onion, figs and chicken making sure broth covers chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Great over couscous, bulgur or rice.