Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1/4 c. chutney. Per serving: 321 calories, 5.7 g fat, 40.2 g protein, 26.9 g carb, 1.9 g fiber, 99 mg cholesterol. Frozen blueberries take approx. 5 minutes longer to cook and thicken because they give off more water.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ground cloves (a dash)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- To make the chutney: Combine all the chutney ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium-low and simmer 25 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- To make the chicken: combine the oil, basil, oregano, chicken, and minced garlic in a large heavy-duty zip-lock pastic bag; seal the bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Take chicken out of the bag and throw away marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Serve with chutney.
This is a great chutney recipe! The chutney is thick and wonderfully seasoned. It went well with the marinated chicken. Not a bite left over... and so easy to make!
Great dish Di! The chutney is wonderful. I had juicy, fresh berries and it thickened up nicely. The seasoning on the chicken, which we grilled, went really well with the chutney. I enjoy fruit/meat combos. We are going to try the chutney sometime as a brie topper or possibly served with other cheeses. So glad I came across this recipe! ** I wanted to add that we adore this recipe and guests always rave. The chutney is awesome on top of Brie and I highly recommend trying that also!
Outstanding! The marinade/chutney combination was incredible. As I always have frozen blueberries on hand, I can see myself making this during the winter months. Wonderful contribution!!