1/4 Photos of Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
This is a variation of a cuban dish. The balsamic vinegar gives it an exceptional flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large onion
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons oregano, separated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, separated
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced pimientos
- salt & pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1In a large pan, heat olive oil and add red pepper flakes.
- 2Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender.
- 3Increase heat, add chicken, stirring until cooked.
- 4Lower heat to medium, add 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp cumin, and simmer 1 minute.
- 5Add black beans, pimentos, remaining spices, and balsamic vinegar.
- 6Blend and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, reseasoning if needed.
- 7While beans are simmering, bring broth to boil in a pan, add rice.
- 8Lower heat to simmer, cover, and cook 20 minutes until rice is fluffy.
- 9Serve bean mixture over rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 767.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 714.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 49.1 g