Recipe by CyndiCB
I found this recipe on Pillsbury.com. This recipe is perfect just the way it is. I love this recipe because it is super simple and very flavorful. I've made this for holiday parties, small get-togethers, and just for an easy dinner for my husband and myself. I really hope that you enjoy it!
Top Review by Dollarstitch.com
My husband went nuts for these chicken wings and he HATES all spice. The only things I did differely was I broiled 5 min each side after the 45 min cooking time. Also with the dip, I added: 1 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon garlic powder 1 tablespoon onion powder 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 cup ranch dressing. When I first tasted the dip it was VERY bland and tasted like sour cream. I would recommend using ranch dresssing or making your own, but the chicken was fantastic and really could of went without the dressing :) Connie Perry http://www.dollarstitch.com
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped (3 to 4 medium cloves)
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped (8 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonmetal bowl, mix thyme, brown sugar, garlic, allspice, salt, vinegar and pepper sauce. Add chicken drummettes; toss to coat evenly. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat oven to 425°F Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil; spray foil with cooking spray. Place chicken drummettes in pans; discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink next to bone.
- In small bowl, mix all Dipping Sauce ingredients. Allow at least an hour or more for dipping sauce ingredients to infuse. Serve chicken wings with sauce.