Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe on Pillsbury.com. This recipe is perfect just the way it is. I love this recipe because it is super simple and very flavorful. I've made this for holiday parties, small get-togethers, and just for an easy dinner for my husband and myself. I really hope that you enjoy it!
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped (3 to 4 medium cloves)
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red pepper sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot Sauce)
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped (8 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- In large nonmetal bowl, mix thyme, brown sugar, garlic, allspice, salt, vinegar and pepper sauce. Add chicken drummettes; toss to coat evenly. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat oven to 425°F Line two 15x10x1-inch pans with foil; spray foil with cooking spray. Place chicken drummettes in pans; discard any remaining marinade.
- Bake 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink next to bone.
- In small bowl, mix all Dipping Sauce ingredients. Allow at least an hour or more for dipping sauce ingredients to infuse. Serve chicken wings with sauce.
My husband went nuts for these chicken wings and he HATES all spice. The only things I did differely was I broiled 5 min each side after the 45 min cooking time. Also with the dip, I added: 1 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon garlic powder 1 tablespoon onion powder 1 teaspoon pepper and 1/2 cup ranch dressing. When I first tasted the dip it was VERY bland and tasted like sour cream. I would recommend using ranch dresssing or making your own, but the chicken was fantastic and really could of went without the dressing :) Connie Perry http://www.dollarstitch.com