Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very popular traditional Korean dish and is usually made with chunks of chicken from a whole chicken. I’m using chicken wings in this recipe, but you could use chunks.Each piece of chicken wing is coated with sweet and crispy sauce. Of the ingredients, thinly sliced ginger will turn into something like candy which has not only its own special chewy taste but also influences the whole flavor of chicken. Peanuts turn it into an amazingly crispy snack!
- 40 chicken wings or 40 chunks chicken
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground pepper
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml flour
- 118.29 ml starch, powder
Sauce for coating
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml ginger, sliced thin
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml vinegar
- 236.59 ml corn syrup
Mix it up
Reheat the sauce
- 236.59 ml peanuts
- 7.39 ml dried red hot chili pepper
- 118.29 ml toasted sesame seeds
- just make the sauce following the recipe above and then add whatever dried ingredients you like and candy
- Prepare 40 chicken wings or chunks of chicken, rinse them off in cold water and drain them.
- Transfer the chicken into a big bowl.
- Add 2 ts of salt, 1 ts of ground pepper, 2 eggs, and the mixture of 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of starch powder. Mix it by hand.
- Deep fry the chicken wings in vegetable oil 2 times at about 350-380 degrees (F).
- Sauce for coating:.
- Prepare a big wok or pan.
- Place 1 cup of water in the wok and heat it up.
- Slice 1 cup of ginger thinly after peeling the skin off and washing, and add it into the boiling water.
- Add 2 tbs of soy sauce, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of vinegar and boil it over medium heat.
- 5 minutes after, add 1 cup of corn syrup and keep boiling over low medium heat about 30 minutes.
- Raise a spoon of the sizzling sauce above the wok in the air and drop it until the sauce begins stopping halfway. Then turn off the stove.
- Mix it up:.
- Reheat the sauce.
- Add the deep fried chicken, 1 cup of peanuts (or any kind of nuts), 1/2 tbs dried red hot chili pepper, and 1/2 cup of toasted sesame seeds into the sizzling sauce and mix it with a spatula. The amount of sticky sauce will decrease while you are stirring.For spicy food lover:.
- You can sprinkle 2 tbs of dried and crushed red chili pepper instead of 1/2 tbs. Then turn off the heat and you are done!