Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a smokey tortilla soup! You can keep the seeds in if you enjoy the heat. Adding more Adobe sauce will give it more smokiness and flavor. So cook to your taste buds.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small onion, fine diced
- 1⁄2 celery, fine diced
- 2 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and diced
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 large avocado, diced
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the water, onion, and celery and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, chicken breast, and chipotle, bring to a boil.
- Add the tortillas and cilantro. Stir to mix. Ladle into 4 bowls, sprinkle with cheese and top with equal amounts of avocado.
Tasty, quick and easy soup! I don't care for onion so subbed a green pepper. We like things spicy so I used the whole chipotle, seeds and all. I had some guacamole on hand so topped with that instead of avocado. Loved this soup - thanks for sharing the recipe!
GOOD! Made for zaar tag... this was really quick to put together and very good. I cheated and used a package of Tyson pre-cooked diced chicken breast. I think a little lime would be good in this too, I'll try that next time. Thanks Rita!