Recipe by Rita~
This is a smokey tortilla soup! You can keep the seeds in if you enjoy the heat. Adding more Adobe sauce will give it more smokiness and flavor. So cook to your taste buds.
Top Review by loof
Tasty, quick and easy soup! I don't care for onion so subbed a green pepper. We like things spicy so I used the whole chipotle, seeds and all. I had some guacamole on hand so topped with that instead of avocado. Loved this soup - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small onion, fine diced
- 1⁄2 celery, fine diced
- 2 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded and diced
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 large avocado, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the water, onion, and celery and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, chicken breast, and chipotle, bring to a boil.
- Add the tortillas and cilantro. Stir to mix. Ladle into 4 bowls, sprinkle with cheese and top with equal amounts of avocado.