Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great Tortilla Soup recipe. Add a salad and you have dinner
- 2 lbs large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 cup corn tortilla, cut in strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 can enchilada sauce (size not given)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute onions in a large saucepan in oil until transparent.
- Add tomatoes and cook, stirring until tomatoes are softened.
- Cool and then puree in blender or food processor.
- Return to pan and add rest of ingredients, except tortilla strips and cheese.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Add tortilla strips and heat about ten minutes.
- Serve with additional tortilla chips and cheese.