1/2 Photos of Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 hr 20 mins
I love soups of all kinds! This is one of my favorites because of the wonderful blend of Mexican spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 283.49 g can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 113.39 g can diced green chilies
- 28.39 ml chopped parsley
- 28.39 ml chopped cilantro
- 14.79 ml fresh oregano, chopped
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 709.77 ml cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 177.44 ml black beans, drained and rinsed
- 177.44 ml frozen whole kernel corn
- 6 corn tortillas, cut in strips
- cooking oil
- 236.59 ml monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1In a 5 quart pot, saute onion, bell pepper, Serrano pepper, Jalapeno pepper, and garlic until onions are transparent.
- 2Add chicken broth, tomato sauce, Rotel diced tomatoes,diced green chile peppers, parsley, cilantro, oregano, and cumin. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 3Add chicken, black beans and corn. Heat through.
- 4Fry tortilla strips in hot oil, half at a time, about 1 minute or until crisp and light brown. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- 5Divide tortilla strips among 4 bowls.
- 6Ladle soup over tortilla strips.
- 7Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
- 8Squeeze lime into each bowl.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (755 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.2
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 113.3 mg
- Sodium 1915.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 52.5 g