Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I tasted a Chicken Tortilla Soup at work that I loved and coudn't find a recipe that was similar, so made one of my own. It took a while to get it just right, but finally got it to taste like I wanted.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (13 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 3 corn tortillas, diced
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) canchopped chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin or 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 dash cayenne
- 2 garlic cloves
- Saute garlic, onions, tortillas, and clantro.
- Add remaining ingredients and spices.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer to reduce to desired thickness.
- Serve with choice of garnish of cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.