1/2 Photos of Chicken Tortellini Soup With Mushrooms and Spinach
I wanted some soup one winter night and came up with this one using what I had on hand. I served it with toasted Italian bread and topped with parmesan cheese. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (original blend)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 9 ounces 3 cheese tortellini (refrigerated, I used Butoni)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, loosely packed
- fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1In a large pot, heat the butter until melted.
- 2Add the carrots, celery, onions, and garlic. Saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- 3Add the mushrooms, fresh thyme, and Mrs Dash. Saute another 5-8 minutes.
- 4Add the broth and heat to almost boiling.
- 5Add the tortellini and chicken and simmer until the tortellini are cooked through (about 10 minutes).
- 6Add the spinach leaves and simmer for 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- 7Serve hot, topped with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Tortellini Soup With Mushrooms and Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (632 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 633.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 36.1 g