Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I needed something for a girl's night. I wanted something that would taste like I slaved over it but in reality was simple and didn't take much time. This recipe went beyond my expectations. I found the recipe on BHG and only had to tweak a couple of things.
- 18 ounces cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 56 ounces chicken broth
- 20 ounces alfredo sauce
- 4 cups rotisserie-cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained
- 6 cups fresh Baby Spinach, lightly packed
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese (shaved or shredded)
- heavy cream
- In a large stockpot cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan combine the broth and Alfredo sauce. You can use store bought broth and Alfredo sauce or homemade. Either way it will turn out great. Stir in the chicken and tomato strips. Heat to boiling and then reduce the heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked tortellini and spinach. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes to heat through and wilt the spinach.Even after making this I felt that it needed just a little more liquid. So as not to lose the creamy texture I added heavy cream until I got the consistency I was looking for. Milk or broth would also work.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and serve with warm garlic bread.