Recipe by TerriB16
This is one of my family's favorite soups.
Top Review by Whatchagotcookin'
This was terrific! I sauteed about 4 cloves of garlic and added it to the pot while the chicken, celery, and onion were boiling. I also added 1 can of black beans (drained/rinsed) and a bag of "Fiesta blend" vegetables which had a variety of beans and veggies along with quite a bit more water.<br/>It had quite a kick, but everyone in the family LOVED it!
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 2 quarts water
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- salt, pepper, and garlic to taste
- monterey jack cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken, onion, and celery in water until done. Remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces and return to water.
- Add broth, tomaotes, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add Velveeta and let melt.
- Serve soup topped with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream and avocado.