Low Carb Taco Soup
photo by Shrek278
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Add the chicken, onion, garlic, chipotles, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, lemon juice, lime juice, and chicken broth to a low cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred with two forks.
- Add the cream cheese to the slow cooker and whisk constantly until the cream cheese is fully melted and incorporated.
- Return chicken to the slow cooker and add the cilantro. Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!