Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to me by a friend, B. Atwood.
Make and share this Chicken Taco Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) jar green chili salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (6 ounce) bag corn chips
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- Place rinsed chicken in a dutch oven. Cover chicken with water and cook until done.
- Bone chicken. Shred meat with a fork.
- In a large skillet, combine cooked chicken, olive oil, taco seasoning, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Combine all ingredients and cook until heated through.
- Serve with corn chips and grated Cheddar Cheese.