Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful 1-dish meal that my kids just LOVE! It's so easy that I can make it as soon as I get home from work, and when it's done in the oven, the kids think they've had a wonderful home-cooked meal! Yum! (Oh, by the way, I PREFER to use the Campbell's Cream of Chicken Dijon soup, but I can't find it anymore in Indiana...)
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix contents of stuffing mix pouch and the 1-2/3 cups water. Set aside.
- Place washed and dried chicken in a 2-quart casserole (or 13 x 9 inch baking dish). Sprinkle chicken with poultry seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper (for seasoning).
- Mix soup, sour cream and milk. Pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Spoon stuffing mixture over the top, evenly.
- Dot the top with little pieces of butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- YUM! :).
Very good recipe. I did change it up a bit. I mixed cream of mushroom with the sour cream and milk. I also put fresh green beans and mushrooms around the chicken breast but I did not cover them with the stuffing..only the chicken. I started off baking it at 325 but after 25 minutes I checked the chicken and realized that it was not cooking as fast as I expected (I used 2 large breasts) so I bumped it up to 425 and covered it with aluminum foil. I cook for another 25 minutes. Then broiled it on low for 4 minutes to make the top of the stuffing crispy. The chicken was very moist. I just needed to add a bit more salt. Maybe next time add a little more seasoning. Will be making again!
My family rated this a 10. Quick and easy.
This was such a delicious recipe! I used 4 cups seasoned stuffing and mixed in 1 1/4 C water and 4 Tbl melted butter for the topping. 6 boneless chicken thighs, just used the condensed cream of chicken and sour cream (didn't have the milk). Turned out great and the sauce was perfect! I baked at 400 for 45 mins on convection and it was perfect. I didn't cover and the stuffing was perfectly crispy. How many times can I say perfect in a review! Even my picky teenagers loved it. Layering the chicken, then seasoning, sauce and stuffing worked perfectly =D