Recipe by Chef Amy Gnaster
For those who do not eat red meat like my husband. This is a traditional family recipe with a twist. My husband loves it.
Top Review by Indiana Linda
This was so good, and so easy! I'm really surprised that there aren't more ratings. I was looking for a chicken stroganoff recipe that didn't use cream of mushroom soup. Actually, I didn't use mushrooms because I was out and didn't realize it until it was too late. Next time I'll use the mushrooms too. Thanks for posting!
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 6 tablespoons flour (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 6 medium mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles using package directions; drain well. Cover to keep warm.
- Mix 4 tbs flour with the salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tbs. butter in large skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Cook chicken in the butter, stirring frequently, until browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables with a slotted spoon in to a bowl and reserve pan juices in skillet.
- Add remaining flour, butter and dry mustard to reserve pan juices and mix well.
- Gradually, stir in broth. Cook stirring frequently for 3 minutes. Stir in sour cream and ketchup.
- Return chicken and vegetables to the skillet. Stir until heated through; do not boil.
- Spoon chicken sauce over noodles and serve.