Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
When I had a baby 12 years ago a lady at my church brought me this dish. It was so good I asked for the recipe. I've seen the recipe in The Cotton Country Collection and several other cookbook but have not seen it on Recipezaar. I like to cook the rice in the water saved from cooking the chicken. I think it adds to the flavor of the dish.
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) packageuncle ben combination wild and white rice, cooked
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (3 ounce) jarsliced pimientos
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups French style green beans, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, diced
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour into a 2 1/2 to 3 quart casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
This dish really is SPECTACULAR! However, there was no way that I could get more than 10 servings from the recipe. I just doubled the recipe, and it turned out great!
Followed the directions exactly. Very rich. My family thinks 1 cup mayo is too much. However, my daughter wants try it again with the alteration.
My husband and I enjoyed this. It freezes well.