Recipe by PanNan
This was one of my grandmother's favorites to serve when she was cooking for a large group of us. I still make it from time to time and it always reminds me of her. It's creamy, cheesy and delicious. Note: you can use chicken breasts instead of the whole chicken, but you do lose some flavor that way.
- 1 large chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 12 ounces linguine (I know - doesn't match the title - go figure)
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento
- 1 cup American cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken in 3 qrts water til tender.
- Remove chicken, cool, bone, and cut in small bite size pieces.
- Cook spaghetti in chicken broth with the garlic salt until tender.
- Meanwhile, saute finely chopped onion, green pepper and celery in 2 tbsp margarine til tender.
- Add to cooked spaghetti.
- Stir soup, chicken, milk, 2/3 of cubed cheese and pimento into spaghetti.
- Place mixture in a large baking dish and put rest of cheese (shredded) on top.
- Cook in 350 degree oven til bubbly (about 20-30 minutes).