I found this recipe when joining a crockpot recipe group on yahoo. Have not made this yet but it sounds very good and could be easily doubled for a larger family. Add a salad and breadsticks for a easy and quick meal.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 1 1⁄4 ounces spaghetti sauce mix, packet
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 4 zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti, uncooked
- 1⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- To a crock pot add the dry spaghetti sauce mix, tomato sauce, and water.
- In 1/2-inch crosswise slices, cut zucchini.
- Peel the eggplant, slice thinly, and then cut each slice into quarter pieces.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, green pepper, tomatoes and salt to spaghetti sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Before ready to serve, cook spaghetti according to the package directions and drain well.
- Top each serving of spaghetti with the vegetable sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was really good, and my kids have already asked me to make it again. I didn't have any eggplant on hand, so I had to leave that out. But that was the only way I deviated from the recipe. It made a wonderful, healthy meal. My only suggestion is to add a few herbs (oregano, basil, parsley come to mind), to complement the tomato-based sauce. Thanks, Lauralie41.Reply