Recipe by CountryLady
This is excellent served with pita bread, a garlicky tzaziki and a crisp, green salad. The marinade can also be used with veal.
Top Review by EdsGirlAngie
Very, very easy, and very, very good! The lemon flavor was very prominent, and the marinade REALLY tenderized the chicken - I noticed as I was putting it on the skewers that it almost fell apart - and that was before cooking; so you can imagine how tender it was when done! Or maybe it's because we grilled it by the "light" of the lunar eclipse ... No, I'm sure it was the lovely marinade! I didn't taste much garlic though it seemed as if I put a lot in. I will definitely marinate longer next time, maybe add a little more garlic. Everyone's taste is different. Overall, this couldn't be any easier, and it's a refreshing change. This will be a fun and different outdoor summer party dish! Oops! EdsGirl here again - I forgot to add that I used the marinade on some Yukon Gold potatoes - I boiled them till just tender, then poured the marinade on them while warm (I made extra marinade just for this purpose). They were outstanding!
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl; mix well.
- Stir in chicken cubes; marinade for at least 2 hours before threading on skewers.
- Grill on high heat, lid down.
- Grill for about 4 minutes per side (total 8 minutes) or until the juices run clear.