photo by Ratalouille
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Prepare edamame according to package directions,omitting salt. drain.
- Combine edamame, parsley, tahini, 3 tbsp water, lemon juice, garlic and salt to taste into a food processor; blend1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Spoon into serving bowl.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A nice combination of lemon, sesame and garlic. I couldn't get any tahini, so I used peanut butter and sesame oil in it's place. The interesting thing about this recipe is that the flavor changes depending on what you eat it with. We tried corn tortilla chips, black sesame seed artisan crackers, plain saltine crackers and celery sticks. I preferred the saltine crackers and celery. A very healthy dip alternative. Great recipe Skippy !!! :) I made this for the "Something Old, Something New" event, March 2009.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 18 years old and live in New Bedford, MA. I love the outdoors and playing sports. Cooking and baking are one of my favorite things to do. I am a vegetarian so I dont cook with meat. I will go to college next year for nursing and hopefully become a paramedic.