Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
This is an adoption from the Garlic Lover's Cookbook (Cookbook Swap 2007) and a request to post. I made this for my family and the whole house smelled aromatic and comforting. It was a big hit at our house, hope it is at yours.
Top Review by Peter J
Wonderful! I blanched the garlic in salted water for 10 minutes and that was spot on to leave it tender after cooking without losing too much of the garlic punch. I served along with mashed potato and a side of steamed vegies, it really would go well with anything that soaks up the great sauce like the suggested crusty bread. I used a good dry white wine, it does contribute quite a bit to the flavor so worth using something decent.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 tablespoons garlic, blanched this is approximate depending on size of garlic bulb (I used 2 very large ones, 2 whole heads)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute chicken in pan with olive oil spray til golden outside.
- Lay chicken breasts in roasting pan in a single layer.
- Lay BLANCHED garlic over chicken breasts.
- Whisk together tomatoes, wine, broth, tarragon and marjoram and pour over top of chicken and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Served with garlic roasted potatoes, green beans and a loaf of crusty homemade herb bread.