1/4 Photos of Chicken Smothered in Garlic
This is an adoption from the Garlic Lover's Cookbook (Cookbook Swap 2007) and a request to post. I made this for my family and the whole house smelled aromatic and comforting. It was a big hit at our house, hope it is at yours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 8 tablespoons garlic, blanched this is approximate depending on size of garlic bulb (I used 2 very large ones, 2 whole heads)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Saute chicken in pan with olive oil spray til golden outside.
- 3Lay chicken breasts in roasting pan in a single layer.
- 4Lay BLANCHED garlic over chicken breasts.
- 5Whisk together tomatoes, wine, broth, tarragon and marjoram and pour over top of chicken and garlic.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 8Served with garlic roasted potatoes, green beans and a loaf of crusty homemade herb bread.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Smothered in Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 239.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 27.7 g