Recipe by Sars
After discovering that I had a problem digesting red meat, I've started trying to find alternatives to the things I can no longer eat. Sausage rolls are one of my favourties and my mum makes them at home, so I decided to make my own using chicken mince.
Top Review by Chef floWer
We cook these for lunch today. I didn't have fresh parsley so I used coriander. I didn't have mixed herbs so I used a small amount of sweet chilli sauce, then a pinch of black pepper and mixed spice, little squeeze of lime juice, small amount of garlic and ginger. They were easy to put together. I put them in the oven on a 180 degree heat. They were yummy. I think they were very spicy for my three year old as she left the filling and ate the pastry. Thank you
- 400 g ground chicken
- 1⁄2 onion, diced finely
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mixed herbs
- any other herbs or spices (garlic, pepper, chilli)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together mince, onion, herbs and spices (add more herbs/spices as required).
- Cut pasty into thirds.
- Place a third of the mince mixture along one of the pastry strips.
- Spread it out evenly.
- Brush one edge of the pastry with milk.
- Roll both sides to the top (milk side on top) and push down to seal.
- Cut into small sections (around 6 per roll).
- Place on baking tray (lined with baking paper) and brush the top of each with milk.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Suitable to freeze.