Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Straight from my grandmother's best friend!
- 2 (12 ounce) canspremium chunk in canned chicken, in water
- 0.5 (6 ounce) package sliced almonds
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh chives, thinly cut to whites of onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄4 cup paile ale mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 28 slices bread
- Place chicken in food processor or chop with knife.
- Mix on high until flaky. Place in bowl.
- Mix in almonds, pepper and chives.
- In another bowl, mix mayonnaise and mustards. Pour into chicken and mix. Should be spreadable.
- Spread a thin layer of softened cream cheese onto bread slices.
- Place 3 small scoops of chicken salad on half of bread slices and spread.
- To keep fresh: dampen paper towel and ring it out well. Cover sandwiches with paper toel. Wrap with saran wrap until ready to serve.
This is the best chicken salad sandwich ever. The crunch of the almonds and the different tastes of the mustard make this a hit. I have tried this recipe with canned and fresh chicken chunks, I prefer the fresh, but both are good. My husband and I just love them. Thanks for the recipe.