Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and elegant. Flavored with canned pesto & roasted red papepers. If you truly love pesto, you may want to increase my amounts.
- Pound chicken breasts with a mallet or between wax paper with a rolling pin, pound chicken to about 1/4 thick.
- Place one long piece of roasted red pepper,1 teaspoons pesto, & 1 tablespoon cream cheese along one long side of the breast, roll jellyroll fashion and secure with toothpicks, sprinkle with salt and pepper. ( if you are unable to roll completely, put seam side down and bake without securing with picks).
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours,.
- Lightly cover the bottom of a baking pan with olive oil, place chicken rolls in pan and spray tops with baking spray and sprinkle tops with seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Bake covered about 20 minutes until juices run clear, then cook another 5 minutes to brown tops.
- Serve with juices from baking pan.
So simple, yet packed with flavor. Great make ahead dish. Thank you.
This was a huge success here. I wanted to do it tonight for dinner and then I saw it had to be in the fridge 1-2 hours. I didn't do it. It was still great. I had large chicken breasts, so I cooked it longer (near 40 minutes). I used homemade roasted peppers. All is great in this recipe. Yummy! Thanks BakinBaby. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.