Easy and elegant. Flavored with canned pesto & roasted red papepers. If you truly love pesto, you may want to increase my amounts.
- Pound chicken breasts with a mallet or between wax paper with a rolling pin, pound chicken to about 1/4 thick.
- Place one long piece of roasted red pepper,1 teaspoons pesto, & 1 tablespoon cream cheese along one long side of the breast, roll jellyroll fashion and secure with toothpicks, sprinkle with salt and pepper. ( if you are unable to roll completely, put seam side down and bake without securing with picks).
- Chill in refrigerator for 1-2 hours,.
- Lightly cover the bottom of a baking pan with olive oil, place chicken rolls in pan and spray tops with baking spray and sprinkle tops with seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Bake covered about 20 minutes until juices run clear, then cook another 5 minutes to brown tops.
- Serve with juices from baking pan.