- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (1 cup)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat hash browns with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Press into a well-greased 9-in pie plate; brush with butter.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to 350.
- Sprinkle cheese and chicken into the crust.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream and salt; pour over chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.