Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an easy one-dish meal that is good for dinner or brunch.
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (1 cup)
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Pat hash browns with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Press into a well-greased 9-in pie plate; brush with butter.
- Bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Reduce heat to 350.
- Sprinkle cheese and chicken into the crust.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, cream and salt; pour over chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
I love how quick & easy this was, baked up beautifully. The pepper jack adds a nice kick but it seems to need just a tiny bit more, I thoroughly enjoyed this with salsa.
What a quick and easy recipe. This can be dressed up with other ingredients ( I did the second and third times and the fourth back to the basics) Thank you. Margie